What is the function of the "Incumbent of Parent Position" Field and its expected behaviour in the instance.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
Employee Central - Position Management
This field is enabled via Position Management Settings.
On the UI Customising tab, you can enable the field by selecting "Yes" in the following field Display 'Incumbent of Parent Position' in Recruitment, MSS Job Information and History:
Choose Yes to display the Incumbent of Parent Position field in New Recruit, Manager Self Service (MSS) Job Information, and History UI.
Choosing an employee in this field ensures that the Position field provides only lower-level positions of the position of the chosen employee.
Below example image shows how the "Take action" - "change job and compensation Info" looks like with this option enabled. Note the extra field called "Incumbent of Parent Position" that is now added. In this example "Lisa Clark" is set as value in this field, which is causing the position value picker to ONLY display and filter based on the 2 open positions under "Lisa Clark" (As seen in the positions org chart).
Choose No to hide the Incumbent of Parent Position field, that means, all positions are offered in the Position field.
Below Example shows how the "Take action" - "change job and compensation Info" looks like with this option disabled. Note how the "Incumbent of Parent Position" field is absent. The position dropdown now will simply shows ALL open and ready to be hired positions
- This field is not enabled or controlled by the Succession Data Model and/or Manage Business Configuration.
- If this is enabled it will still display on all person type specific UI's for example on Contingent Worker Specific Job Information UI's.
2476660 - B1705 - Contingent Worker Specific UI/ Data Model
- This field can not be accessed via business.hidden for a selection of users.
- If enable it is enabled for all users and can not be hidden for a selection of users.
- By default this field will show all users. Please note if you have implemented the "target group based filtering for Worker fields" then the this will also apply to this field.
Please review the following KBA to review this feature:
2516579 - Restrict Worker type field shows 'No Data' in dropdown of manager, job relationship and auto delegation
- If you want to customize the label / name of this field, you can use the Manage Languages feature and add a custom translation for the key "EMPFILE_HRIS_JI_POSITIONS_UNDER_MANAGER"
Incumbent of Parent Position, Position Management, position, no data, permissions, missing, can't search, target group based filtering for Worker fields, worker fields, worker, label, rename, EMPFILE_HRIS_JI_POSITIONS_UNDER_MANAGER , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , How To