This KBA explains how to assign a workflow for a Spot Awards program.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Compensation
- SAP SuccessFactors Rewards & Recognition > Spot Awards
Once a workflow has been created, the next step is to associate it with Spot Awards.
- Go to Admin Center
- Using the Tool Search go to "Configure Object Definitions"
- In the Search drop down select "Object Definition" and then search "Spot Award".
- Select Take Action> Make Correction.
- Select your new workflow via the "Workflow" routing drop-down.
- Once selected Save at the bottom of the page.
- If using dynamic workflows defined within a business rule, the workflow routing option needs to be left blank.
- Then define the business rule under "Validate Rules":
- The business rules would look as follows when using two workflows:
Things to Note
- The fields which appear for members of the workflow are all configured under "Configure Object Definitions" withinn the "Spot Awards" object.
- To alter any visibility, edit within the object "Spot Award" and access the "Details" section of the field.
Q - Can Pending Data be set to "Yes" for a workflow for a spot awards program?
A - Currently this is not supported. Therefore Pending Data should always be set to "No" when it comes to workflow configuration.
Q - When nomination via the UI we are now unable to select "Step 4" whereas previously we could.
A - This is an enhancement to the R&R nomination flow. The selection of level to amount has been added and will now show on the one page.
KB article 2419823 - Workflow doesn't get triggered in Spot Award
sf, success factors, R&R, RNR, work flow, dynamic, validate rules, RNR-2576 , KBA , LOD-SF-RNR-MAP , EC Workflows & Award Routing , LOD-SF-RNR , Reward and Recognition , LOD-SF-RNR-EC , Data to and from Employee Central , How To