- SQL 2016 Agent, out SSIS Jobs are failing with a message that says a connection to Sybase Database cannot be acquired
- Failed to acquire connection "SybaseServer". Connection may not be configured correctly or you may not have the right permissions on this connection.
- In Microsoft Visual Studio you can select ADO.NET Data Sources, such as in Server Explorer, to represent the connection to the backend database server.
- With SAP Sybase ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise), there is the ASE ADO.NET Data Provider to create a connection to the ASE.
- However, when using Visual Studio (msdev) 2015, this capability is missing.
- When adding a connection there is no Data Source available in the list for the ASE ADO.NET Data Provider:
- SAP Sybase Software Developer Kit (SDK) 15.5 ESD xxx
- SAP Sybase Software Developer Kit (SDK) 15.7 ESD xxx
- SAP Sybase Software Developer Kit (SDK) 15.7 SPxxx
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) Software Developer Kit (SDK) 16.0 SPxxx PLxx
- Adaptive Server Enterprise ADO.NET Data Provider
- 4.0 Provider ( Sybase.AdoNet4.AseClient.dll )
- 4.5 Provider ( Sybase.AdoNet45.AseClient.dll )
- Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
- Server 2016
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- SQL Server Data Tools for Visual Studio 2015
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise SDK 16.0 ; Sybase SDK 15.7 ; Sybase Software Developer Kit 15.7
SSIS, MSSQL, 2016, studio, 2015, ado.net, ADONET, adonet, CR808395, CR#808395, #808395, DDEX, ddex , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.