In the Attachments tab of Suppliers, you can find pre-defined Document Types such as Business Partner Image, Standard Attachment, Supplier-Specific Attachment and Technical Drawing. You would like to know whether it is possible to add a new Document Type.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Base work center
- Select Suppliers view
- Search and Edit a Supplier
- Go to Attachments tab
- Select Add button and choose File option
- Select the drop down for Document Type
It is not possible to add a new Document Types in the Attachments of Suppliers.
Further, it is also not possible to change the titles with the Cloud Development Studio or via Business Configuration.
Note: Usage of Document Type in Attachments:
- Business Partner Image - This is an attachment type, which can add more value from the Business Partner aspect. Example: An image of a product.
- Standard Attachment - This is the standard attachment, which is a global available standard.
- Supplier-Specific Attachment - In the Account Master, Suppliers can also be maintained. Hence, any attachment that is added, which is specific to Suppliers or adds more value to the Supplier, can be maintained under Supplier-Specific Attachment.
- Technical Drawing - This refers to a Blueprint type of an attachment. Where you maintain the technical blueprint. Example: A blueprint of a product, with the X and Y axes.
Document Type, Attachments, Technical Drawing, Standard Attachment, Business Partner Image , KBA , document type , business partner image , supplier-specific attachment , standard attachment , technical drawing , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To