When creating the supplier invoice, it is picking up only few hours. However, in the project you can see the actual worked hours more than shown in the invoice.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Choose Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- Choose the Advance link and enter the reference purchase order.
- Open the Invoice.
- Click Edit and you can see the few hours are shown for invoicing.
The reason why we only see few hours are allowed to invoice because the relevant Goods and Services Receipt still in preparation and not posted. Once you post Goods and Services Receipts you will be able to invoice same as the available hours in the project.
In case of procuring the service externally we create the purchase order with reference to the project to the supplier. The service agent will be able to record time against the project using purchase order as reference document. In this case the system generated and posted Goods and Services Receipt automatically as soon as the time recordings is set to release. However, in few situations the Goods and Services Receipt will not be posted to accounting side for number of reasons so we could see the difference in the recorded hours at project side and invoicing as it will be able to find the reference Goods and Services Receipt.
Please follow below steps to post the Goods and Services Receipts:
- Go to Goods and Services Receipts work center.
- Choose Receipts and Returns view.
- Choose the Advance link and enter the reference purchase order or service agent.
- You can see the Goods and Services Receipts status is In Preparation.
- Click Edit and you can see the Post button is greyed out.
- Click Check, you can see a message: Check complete; goods and services receipt contains no errors.
- Click the Post button.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To