You are facing the following error message 'You Are Not Authorized to Change the Data' when you select work center view PQR (PQR is the name of the work center view/ sub-view).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to XXX (XXX represents the work center name) work center.
- Select the view PQR (PQR is the name of the work center view/ sub-view).
You face the error: You are not authorized to change the data.
The user is not given the proper Write Access for the work center view PQR.
There is an access conflict with respect to the particular work center view PQR. It means that, the Write Access for the work center view PQR, which can be accessed from different work centers is not the same. Due to this there is a conflict with respect to the Write Access and the error 'You are not authorized to change the data' is encountered.
Give the proper Write Access for the work center view PQR.
- Go to Application and User Management work center.
- Select Business Users sub-view under User and Access Management view.
- Search for the user USER01 (USER01 refers to the business user).
- Select Edit.
- Select Access Rights.
- Navigate to Access Restrictions tab.
- Provide the relevant Write Access for the work center view PQR.
- Save the changes.
Give the same Write Access for work centers from where the view PQR can be accessed.
Access rights; authorization; access restrictions; change the data , KBA , access rights , authorization , access restrictions , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To