You have upgraded to Career Path v2 but the permissions displayed in Miscellaneous Permissions in RBP still display Legacy Career Path permissions
**Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental**
SAP SuccessFactors Career Development Planning
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to: Admin Center >
- Permission Roles >
- Select role >
- Edit permissions >
- Miscellaneous Permissions
Result: only Legacy Career Path permissions displaying.
The Career Path permissions in Miscellaneous Permissions in RBP are tied to which version of Job Profile Builder you have and not which Career Path version you have.
- Job Profile Builder v1 will display 'Legacy Career Path' permissions
- Job Profile Builder v2 will display 'Career Path' permissions
This is expected behavior.
- If you have Career Path v2 & Job Profile Builder v1 and are seeing Legacy Career Path permission: this is expected behavior
- If you have Career Path v2, have upgraded to Job Profile Builder v2 (JDM 2) then you need to enable 'Career Path' permissions under Miscellaneous Permissions:
If the Career Path does not show for users, then the Permission Category may not be set for the Career Path in Configure Object Definition. This needs to be set to 'Miscellaneous Permission':
Note on upgrading from Career Path V1 to V2:
- With JPB enabled, you will need to reach out to your partner for help with the upgrade. Migration of Career Paths from V1 to V2 and Migration of Families, Roles and Competencies will also need to be executed in Provisioning.
- For Test instances, Support can complete the upgrade as long as customer takes responsibility for any front end configuration (RBP, Families & Roles mapping).
- Career Path V2 also requires “Enable Generic Objects” and “Enable the Attachment Manager” in Provisioning.
Note: To access the Career Path Tab in the Development module, users need to have the "Manage Career Path" under "Manage Career Development" in RBP. Otherwise the Career Path is only accessible through the Career Worksheet:
MDF Object Permissions: To view certain details with the Career Path ensure that users have minimum "View" permission to the following MDF Objects;
- Career Path - View
- Job Profile - View
- Role - View
Note: This is only applicable when the object is set to secured in its Object Definition.
Career Path, V1, V2, Career Development , KBA , LOD-SF-CDP , Career Development Planning , LOD-SF-TIH-JPB , Job Profile Builder , Problem