• During the system copy - Target System Installation > Distributed System > Based on AS ABAP and AS Java > Database Instance, SWPM fails with the following error message:
• Errors when executing sql command: MDB-05053 Database 'SID' does not exist.
• In sapinst_dev.log file you can find the following entry:
• ERROR MDB-05053 Errors when executing sql command: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Database 'SID' does not exist.
• SAP Systems based on SAP NetWeaver
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and higher
[Microsoft], [ODBC SQL Server Driver], [SQL Server], mssql, install, copying, system copy, does not exist, error during, ESAPinstException, MDB-05053, SAPINST , KBA , BC-DB-MSS , SQL Server in SAP NetWeaver Products , BC-INS-MIG , OS/DB Migrations with SWPM and DB refresh , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.