When you set a mentoring program, you have the possibility to create a free text question for Mentor or Mentee. Sample free text question that an Admin can create is "What do you expect from your Mentor" for the mentee. When the mentee access the program, he / she can answer the question, but once is completed, the Mentor cannot access the answer. So what is the purpose of the free text question if the Mentor / Mentee cannot see the answer?
**Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental**
- SAP SuccessFactors Mentoring
- SAP SuccessFactors Career Development Planning
Reproducing the Issue
- Admin creates Mentoring Program Sign-up Forms - Whenever a mentor or mentee signs up for a mentoring program, they are presented with a series of questions to answer. Those answers are then used by the matching algorithm to find the best fits between mentors and mentees. The sign-up form is where you define those questions and assign them to the mentor, the mentee, or both.
- Enter the question text.
- Choose whether respondents must select from a pick list or enter free text for the Answer Type.
- If you chose Free Text for the answer type, then the question category from the Selection Values list will be disabled and you can only input Questions To Mentor and Questions To Mentee.
- Please refer to the main KBA 2401469 - Get started with Mentoring - for the full instructions on creating Mentoring Program as this article is for the scenario when Free Text Question was selected
You can review all mentoring preferences selected by mentors and mentees, including free text answers, depending on your role.
Mentees and mentors can each review the preferences set by the other during the sign-up and acceptance processes as well as once they're matched. Mentoring administrators and owners can review the mentoring preferences selected by all participants in a program.
- As a Mentor, to view the Mentoring details, after confirming Mentee's request for go to Mentoring tab and select the specific Mentoring Program and click on the "..." button under Mentees panel as shown below.
There will be a pop-up window showing the details including the answer to the Free Text question of the Mentee as shown below:
Mentees can also view the Mentoring Details by going to the same page and clicking on the computer monitor icon beside the "Matched Areas" as shown below. Answer of the Mentor will then be revealed to the Mentee.
The free text Answers are not used for the matching or considered in matching algorithm for Mentors / Mentees. It’s there for people to read and consider since you can review all mentoring preferences selected by mentors and mentees, including free text answers, depending on your role.
Note: the free text fields are currently restricted to 128 characters. It is not possible to save with more characters than this.
Mentoring Admin Guide link.
Mentoring, CDP, MEN, Mentoring Program, Free Text, Question, Mentoring , KBA , LOD-SF-MEN-ADM , Admin Center and Setttings , LOD-SF-MEN-SYS , System Performance , How To