- SAP applications running slow during RFC processing, ICM background jobs, iDoc processing, FI and SD document processing
- t-code SM50 shows work processes stalled due to DIRECT READ on NRIV.
- t-code ST22 reports TIME_OUT dumps with the failing ABAP code - SELECT SINGLE FOR UPDATE on NRIV
- t-code ST22 reports dumps with SQL errors SQL12205 and/or SQL12207 on the table NRIV:
SQL error 12205 when accessing table "NRIV".
Error Text of the Database: "[ASE Error SQL12205]Could not acquire a lock within the specified wait period.
SERVER level wait period=1800 seconds, spid=99, lock type=update row, dbid=4, objid=1399476458, pageno=5149625, rowno=51.
Aborting the transaction. "
- On the database in isql, several processes are blocked while accessing table NRIV. The corresponding query is:
TOP 1 *
"CLIENT" = ? AND "OBJECT" = ? AND "SUBOBJECT" = ? AND "NRRANGENR" = ? AND "TOYEAR" = ?
- In scenarios where the slowness on NRIV is seen during FI and SD processing, the corresponding number range objects are RF_BELEG and RV_BELEG respectively.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Netweaver - all versions
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 ; SAP NetWeaver all versions
locks, blocking, NRIV, ARFCSSTATE, INDX, RFC, locks, waits, SQL12205, SQL12207, 818023, rfc/use_gwstart, "number range object", RF_BELEG, RV_BELEG , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SRV-NUM , Number Range Management , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.