- When loading a dump taken with compression
- The load database fails with messages including "The 'fastlz_decompress' call failed ..."
- Messages reported in the Backup Server log :
Backup Server: 126.96.36.199: Database SID: 879952498 kilobytes (27%) LOADED.
A00 SYBMULTBUF ERROR: fastlz_decompress()
Backup Server: 188.8.131.52:  The 'fastlz_decompress' call failed for database/archive device while working on stripe device '/backup/SID.dmp' with error number 0 (Error 0).
Refer to your operating system documentation for further details. Look for '<date / time stamp>: A00: SYBMULTBUF ERROR: ' in the backup server errorlog for additional information from SYBMULTBUF.
Backup Server: 184.108.40.206: '/backup/SID.dmp': volume not valid or not requested (server: , session id: 5.)
Backup Server: 220.127.116.11: Unrecoverable I/O or volume error. This DUMP or LOAD session must exit.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
disk, space, uncompress, decompress, dump , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.