- What is "Direct Source" in Advanced Analytics?
- Can the anount of traffic classified as "Direct" be minimized?
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing
- RMK Advanced Analytics
Direct / Direct Source
A direct visitor will occur when no referrer is present during a candidate visit. Reasons for no referrer being captured include:
- Link from HTTPS to HTTP
- Blocked by security settings
- Browser Settings
- Firewall (User Side)
- URL entered directly in browser
- Link not from a web browser
- Non-web email client (Outlook)
- Instant Message
Direct Tracking: When a visitor is categorized as "direct" the RMK system was not able to capture any type of referral source data for the visit.
Note Visitors cannot be manually tagged with a "direct" source.
How to minimized Direct traffic
Returning candidates will often come up as Direct because they bookmarked the career site. That really isn't preventable.
Other factors having to do with user browser or security settings also cannot be controlled.
However, recruiters can help reduce direct traffic with a small effort. Recruiters should make sure that:
- They are sharing only the external URL from the RMK website (for external jobs)
- They hard code the source into the URL using the Source tracker.
These practices are shown to reduce Direct traffic significantly.
KBA , LOD-SF-RMK-AAN , Advanced Analytics - Professional Services , LOD-SF-RMK-REP , Reporting Data & Dashboards , How To