How to default a pay component during the new hire process in SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
All the images contained in this document are from an internal test instance. Any resemblance with real systems are purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAp SuccessFactors Employee Central
- Business Rules
- Compensation Information
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Add New Employee.
- Fill in all the information relevant for the Identity, Personal and Job Info session.
- After submitting the new hire, pay components should be defaulted.
- Configure a business rule with base object Compensation Information. A sample rule is shown below:
- Add this rule as onSave in Compensation Information portlet.
Note: There must be an IF with a pay component in it for the rule to work. Also, for existing users the rule will work only when the pay component mentioned in the IF condition is the first pay component for him/her. If there is already an existing pay component, then this rule may not work. Also this rule will only work in hire via Add New Employee Scenarios.
I entered 100,000 INR/month for the pay component 'Base Salary India' for a user during new hire and her Compensation Information looks like following after completion of the hiring process:
Note: Please note if same pay component id is set by other rule or same system will save only the last one set by rule will be kept as system does not support multiple entries by same pay component id.
sf, success factors, ec, automatic, compensation, pay, salary, byfurcation , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , Hire & Rehire Wizards , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , DO NOT USE - Business Rules & Event Derivation , LOD-SF-EC-CMP , Compensation Information & One-Time Bonus , How To