You want to delete the Forecasting Group ID and Planning Group ID in the system but system throws an error message:
Operation not possible; prod. cat. XXXX referenced by material
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Warehousing and Logistics Master Data Work center.
- Go to Product Groups View.
- Navigate to Forecasting Groups sub view.
- Select the required Forecasting Group ID.
- Edit it.
- Select ID and choose Delete Group.
- System throws an above error message.
If Forecasting Group ID is assigned to any product, system does not allow to delete it. Further it is also not allowed to remove directly from product master data as well. You must assign either any other Group ID or create New Forecasting Group ID, then assign new Grp ID to that material which removes assignment of old forecasting grp ID. Once it is done, then you can delete the group.
- Go to Product Data Work center.
- Go to Materials View and choose materials sub view.
- Show All Materials and find the relevant Product ID.
- Select and Edit it.
- Select View All and navigate to Planning tab.
- You can see field: Forecasting Group ID.
- Using Value Selection, assign new Forecasting Group ID which removes assignment of old forecasting group.
- Perform Save.
- Now to go to Forecasting Group ID view via Warehousing and Logistics Master Data Work center.
- Here you can delete the required Forecasting Group ID as it is not assigned to any material.
- Same steps to be performed for Planning Group ID as well.
KBA , AP-PMM , Production Model Management , How To
SAP BUSINESS BYDESIGN 1705 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1608 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1702