To be able to portray the data of an alternative fiscal year variant in your system you have assigned your parallel valuation (accounting principle) two ledgers, a representative ledger which has assigned the fiscal year variant of the leading valuation (=leading ledger) and a non-representative ledger which has assigned an alternative fiscal year variant.
- Additional explanation is required regarding the customizing and the assignment of an alternative fiscal year variant to the non-representative ledger for a parallel valuation as outlined in SAP Note 2220152 - Ledger approach and Asset Accounting (new): Alternative fiscal year variant for parallel valuation.
- The asset values including depreciation is not displayed in the Asset Explorer (transaction AW01N) from the alternative fiscal year variant of the non-representative ledger for a parallel valuation (and according to the accounting priciple assigned in the relevant depreciation area).
- Instead it is the fiscal year variant (FYV) of the representative ledger of the parallel valuation that is represented in the planned depreciation periods as seen in the Asset Explorer. This is correct, but often thought to be a mistake or a system error.
- An expectation and perception is that the depreciation area assigned to a parallel accounting principle and with a non-fiscal year variant should be reflected with the posting periods of the alternative FYV: this is not the case in the Asset Explorer and in FI-AA Reporting.
- Financial Accounting (FI)
- Asset Accounting (FI-AA)
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP, version for SAP HANA
- SAP S/4HANA Finance
- SAP S/4HANA
GL Reporting, FI-AA note 2220152, note 844029, non-fiscal year variant, alternative fiscal year variant, non-calendar fiscal year, ACDOCA, AW01N, FB03, SPRO, FINS_ACDOC_CUST308, G/L general ledger, deviating, different fiscal year variant, display, show, wrong, incorrect, asset accounting, ACC_AA085, ACC_AA 085 , KBA , FI-AA , Asset Accounting , FI-AA-AA , Basic Functions , FI-GL-GL , Basic Functions , FI-AA-AA-B , Transaction Figures / Valuation , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.