How to restrict users granted with a permission role to see only filtered values of a MDF object (e.g. Company/Legal Entity).
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- Navigate to Admin Centre > Manage Permission Roles > [select a permission role];
- Scroll down to 'Grant this role to...' section, and click on 'Edit Granting';
- Under 'Specify the target population for the other objects.' section, check 'Restrict target population to:' and add the value which you want to be shown to granted users. For example, Company/Legal Entity:
- Save the changes.
NOTE: if the user is granted with another permission roles which grant wider permissions, restriction will be overridden.
- Once above is set up, granted users will see only filtered values of the restricted MDF object (e.g. Company/Legal entity) in:
- Add new employee
- People profile
- Manage data
NOTE: If the user in question is also in a role that has no restrictions in place, it will override the restricted permission role and grant full permission access to the object
Role based, RBP, SF, Success Factors, EC, restrict, target population, MDF OBjects, permissions , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-RBP , Roles & Permissions (EC Core only) , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions