- Execute a batch job with file as source and use global variable in parameter "File:". For example:
- Error pops up as:
Data flow <XXX> received a bad system message. Message text from the child process is
Collect the following and send to Customer Support:
1. Log files(error_*, monitor_*, trace_*) associated with this failed job.
2. Exported ATL file of this failed job.
3. DDL statements of tables referenced in this failed job.
4. Data to populate the tables referenced in the failed job. If not possible, get the last few rows (or sample of them) when the job failed.
5. Core dump, if any, generated from this failed job.
==========================================================>. The process executing data flow <XXXX> has died
abnormally. For NT, check errorlog.txt. For HPUX, check stack_trace.txt. Also, notify Technical Support.
SAP Data Services 4.2 SP7
SAP Data Services 4.2
DS, File, global variable, bad system message , KBA , EIM-DS-EXE , Job Execution , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.