Users are unable to search against the fields from Employee Central’s Job Information element.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Succession Management
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Talent Search > select “Job Information” under Advanced Information and fill any search criteria;
- Click “Search”;
- No users are returned by the search.
Searching against Employee Central’s Job Information fields require more permissions than the other fields available for Talent Search, since the Talent Search uses OData API internally to query the Job Information fields.
To be able to search on Employee Central’s Job Information fields, it is necessary to grant the following permissions for users:
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles;
- Select target permission role;
- Click "Permission";
- In the “Talent Search Field” section, enable the desired searchable fields under the “Job Info” section. This permission will determine the fields that will be available in the Talent Search page when you select to search on the “Job Info” element:
In the “Employee Central Effective Dated Entities” section, grant “View Current” permission for the fields that the users should be able to search on. This is required by the ODATA API to query the user data:
- In the “Employee Data” section, grant “View” permission for the “Status” standard element. This permission is also required by the OData API query, since the Talent Search includes the employee’s status as a filter in the query:
If the "status" standard element is not configured in the XML code of your instance, the field definition should be configured and permission should be granted over the field. To complete tasks in Provisioning, contact your Implementation Partner. If you are no longer working with an Implementation Partner, contact SAP Cloud Support via case, under component LOD-SF-SCM-SCR (Software Change Request).
For Partner & Support Only
Configure in the Data Model, the following field definition:
<standard-element id="status" max-length="100" required="true" matrix-filter="false">
EC, Employee Central, Job Information, Job Info, Talent Search, not working, no search results, 0, zero , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM-TS , Talent Search , LOD-SF-EC-JOB , Job Information , Problem