Details for the Requested By (createdBy) and Requested On (createdDateTime) columns on Time Workbench are not visible when viewing time records of employees as an admin/manager. The same details are shown when records are viewed by their super admins.
Super Admin View:
Manager / HR admins View:
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Time Off
- People Profile / Workbench
Permission for Metadata Framework > Admin Access to MDF OData API has not been granted for the HR Admin permission role.
If the createdBy and createdDate fields visibility in Employee Time object definition is set to Not Visible and the user have been granted the permission, the details for the Requester and Requested On field would not be returned in Time Workbench.
As it is not recommended to grant this MDF OData API permission to all managers / HR admins (this is only given to Super Admins), you can change field visibility (createby, createdDate for EmployeeTime object) to read only.
1. Navigate to Configure Object Definition > Employee time > Take Action > Make Correction
2. Open the details section of fields createby and createdDate > Visibility > change to Read only
3. Go to Admin Center > OData API Metadata Refresh and Export then click Refresh.
Requester, Requested on, Workbench, ECT-76467, XAF-17064, Time Off, Time Records, Time Off Workbench , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , Problem