A user missed the due date of initial assignment and completed the course after that.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a curriculum and set up the items retraining due dates.
- Assign the curriculum to a user.
- Record the user's completion of a course after its initial due date.
- Next due date will be the next period's due date.
This is an expected behavior of the current system design for calendar-based curriculum retraining.
When the required date basis is ‘Calendar’, the retraining due date will always depend on the basis date. The current period's due date is always the day before the next start date (basis date. + retraining number).
For example, the basis date is 05-Mar-2017 and the retraining happens every 365 days, below is what happens.
- The retraining periods would be 05-Mar-2017 to 04-Mar-2018, 05-Mar-2018 to 04-Mar-2019, 05-Mar-2019 to 03-Mar-2020, and so on…
- If the employee misses the initial due date and completes the course anytime within the period 05-Mar-2017 to 04-Mar-2018, then the system marks this period as completed and sets the next due date as 04-Mar-2019 because it is the next period that he needs to retake the course.
This scenario is illustrated below.
There is no resolution here as this is an expected system behaviour.
However, if you would still want the user to complete the next period (e.g. Period 1) separately, you may opt to reassign the curriculum.
Though, this will require the user to complete both the initial assignment and Period 1 again.
Curriculum Calculation, Curricula, Curriculum, curriculum retraining, retraining, due date. , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CUR , Curricula , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , Problem