- APS (Adaptive Processing Servers) are failing / running with errors after an installation / update procedure
- Connection Servers are also in Failed state
- Other servers may be in starting state or fail to start
- Many UninstallDU / InstallDU files exist in <BOBJINSTALLDIR>\InstallData\logs\<LatestLog>
- Installer asks for a reboot after the installation has completed
- The following errors appear in the setupengine logs:
Error: SetSIAStateWithRetry: ControlNTService failed stoppingervice <SIASERVICENAME> after 5 retries.
ERROR: An unexpected internal error occurred. The CMS has terminated unexpectedly with exit code 5. (FWM 23025)
ERROR: An unexpected internal error occurred. AddNode - Node update failed. (FWM 23009)
AddNode - The node and/or some of its servers [<SERVERLIST>] are still running. Stop the node. (FWM 23018)
AddNode aborted due to errors.
- Event viewer logs show the following error during the installation (at roughly the same time the 'CMS has terminated' error occurs'):
The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: An unexpected problem (exception) happened. Reason given: The port number specified for the server is already in use. (FWB 00092), The server has problems using TCP/IP. The port number you are using is probably already in use..).
- A variant of the issue can also see errors with below error codes -
16:29:07.206 ERROR: An unexpected internal error occurred. AddNode - Node update failed. (FWM 23009)AddNode aborted due to errors.
ERROR: AddNode - The node and/or some of its servers [SIASERVICENAME.CrystalReportsCacheServer, SIASERVICENAME.EventServer, SIASERVICENAME.AdaptiveJobServer, SIASERVICENAME.InputFileRepository, SIASERVICENAME.WebIntelligenceProcessingServer, SIASERVICENAME.ConnectionServer, SIASERVICENAME.WebApplicationContainerServer, SIASERVICENAME.OutputFileRepository, SIASERVICENAME.CrystalReportsProcessingServer, SIASERVICENAME.APS.Core, SIASERVICENAME.APS.Auditing, SIASERVICENAME.APS.Search, SIASERVICENAME.APS.LCM, SIASERVICENAME.APS.Analysis, SIASERVICENAME.APS.WebI, SIASERVICENAME.APS.Visualization, SIASERVICENAME.APS.WebIDSLBridge, SIASERVICENAME.APS.Connectivity, SIASERVICENAME.APS.Monitoring and DF, SIASERVICENAME.WebIntelligenceProcessingServer2] are still running. Stop the node. (FWM 23018)
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3)
KBA , BI-BIP-INS , Installation, Updates, Upgrade, Patching , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.