- Export to PDF fails for some reports.
- When exporting a report to PDF format, from Crystal Reports, it fails with the error:
"Not enough memory for operation"
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, open a report.
- Refresh the report.
- Export the report to PDF format, and it generates the error.
- A corrupted OLE Objects on the report caused the error.
- You can notice the object is corrupted when viewing the report in Design mode, you will notice it does not show the objects, but a placeholder only.
- To successfully export the report to PDF format, remove, and re-add the corrupted OLE Objects on the report.
- In Crystal Reports, open the report.
- Under the design tab, locate the corrupted OLE Object, and delete it.
- Insert a new OLE Object.
- Save the report.
crash, failure, adobe format, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020