- Fail to save a report.
- Unable to save report to the SAP BusinessObjects Server.
- Able to save any other report to SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise.
- When attempting to save a report that contains subreports from Crystal Reports to the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise repository, it fails with the error:
'Internal error: The Report Application failed'
- When attempting to load a report created in Crystal Reports, from the SAP BI LaunchPad, or Central Management Console (CMC), it fails with the error:
'The server with kind rptappserver returned an error result. Failed to copy the report file to the report object.
Refreshing the report object properties might have failed. Failed to read data from report file.
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Data\CrystalReportsRasServer\temp\<report name>.rpt.
Reason: Buffer too small for string or missing null byte. File <report name>.rpt.'
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
CR, upload report, Crystal Report , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.