|Please also explore our KBAs around more product specific topics|
This document is around Frequently Asked Questions on SuccessFactors Learning Management System (Notifications).
Please note this is a live document. Content will added as we receive more feedback and questions.
Q1: What is the mandatory checklist for notifications?
A1: We have created a KBA for detailed explanation. Please check our Help Guide Here
• Enable Email should be checked.
• SMTP Server should be "localhost".
• Enable SMTP Authentication should be unchecked.
• Admin/User Notification Email should have an email address and should be a valid format.
• Enable Archiving if it’s not checked to keep track if emails are getting generated fine or not.
Q2: We are not receiving any notifications from the LMS System. What do we need to check from our end?
A2: You can check the below settings first.
1. AUTO-SCHEDULER is enabled or not. (System Admin > Admin Management > Search for admin ID - AUTO-SCHEDULER)
- This admin should not be deleted from the system and should be present and should not be in "Locked" status.
2. User settings contains the right configuration
- Check System Admin> Configuration> User Settings
- Make sure settings to send emails are checked respectively.
NOTE: Any changes in under User Settings>Learning Plan Notification> you have to propagate the change after saving it, otherwise the change will not be applied.
Q3: System waitlist removal notifications are not getting triggered.
A3: We have created a KBA for detailed explanation. Please check our KBA 2402309
Q4: Learning Expiration notification not triggering.
A4: We have created a KBA for detailed explanation. Please check our KBA 2384240
Q5: Scheduled Offering Notification not getting triggered.
A5: We have created a KBA for detailed explanation. Please check our KBA 2233276
Q6: Learning Plan Notification not getting triggered.
A6: We have created a KBA for detailed explanation. Please check our KBA 2179206
Note: any changes in under User Settings> Learning Plan Notification> you have to propagate the change after saving it; otherwise the change will not be applied.
Q7: Information is missing in notifications (customized)
A7: We have created a KBA for detailed explanation. Please check our KBA 2378378
Q8: Notifications not getting delivered in required timezone.
A8: You can check the below configurations.
for example, Scheduled Offering has a start date of 09:00 AM, Central Time Zone but the registration notifications went out with 10:00 AM New York.
- The cause is that the user preference is set to a different timezone than of the SO.
- User receives notifications in the preference of the user and not in the Schedule Offering preference.
You can set the preferences of user here:
LMS ADMIN > Users > Search for your user > Under More > Check Preferences
Q9: Duplicate notifications received by users.
A9: You can check the below pointers.
• The subject is always same for adding, modifying, and removing.
- If it is for different reasons, example one is for adding the other one is removing, then it is not duplicate. The confusion might be due to the same subject.
• If there is a gap of few seconds in the emails:
- Make certain that you do not click Send Notification button twice if sending ad hoc notifications
- Check if any changes are being made to the learning plan of any user.
• If there is a gap of few hours or minutes
- There has to be any change in the notification causing the second email notification.
- Check the internet headers to see the server information and also check if the emails are really identical.
Q10: How to enable rich text editor?
A10: We have created a KBA for detailed explanation. Please check our KBA 2297331
Q11: How to activate images in notifications?
A11: We have created a KBA for detailed explanation. Please check our KBA 2258281
Q12: How to enable header and footer for organization?
A12: We have created a KBA for detailed explanation. Please check Product Document Enabling Custom Organization Email Notifications in SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Q13: How to add URL to notifications?
A13: It can be generated, copied, and pasted either into a notification template or directly into an email message being crafted out side SuccessFactors Learning.
• To add these:
Navigation: Admin > System Admin > Tools > Direct Link
Q14: How to add an alarm to the reminder notification?
A14: We have created a KBA for detailed explanation. Please check our KBA 2378430
Learning Management System
Notification VLS AUTO-SCHEDULER email editor timezone , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , How To