You open the data source Opportunity Competitor Product Header and it shows no values. Even though you defined competitor and competitor products in your system.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Business Analytics work center.
2. Go to Design Data Sources view.
3. Search for data source Opportunity Competitor Product Header (technical ID CODOPPCOMPPH).
4. Open the Preview of the data source.
5. You will see that the data source is shown without any data.
The data source Opportunity Competitor Product Header does not show all competitor products. It only shows them in case the competitor and the competitor product is assigned to an opportunity.
This is the expected system behaviour.
In the Opportunity, you have the option to maintain competitors to that opportunity. In addition, you have the option to specify which of the competitor's products you are competing with on that specific opportunity.
In order to do that, the competitor product list in the opportunity must be exposed to the user.
To expose the list:
1. Go into Adaptation Mode
2. Go to the Opportunity > Competitors facet
3. Select the Competitors tab.
- Drill down: Pane Variant > List Details > Mark 'Competitor Products' as visible.
- Leave Adaptation Mode.
- Refresh the opportunity!
If you would like to see all competitor products, you can either use the data source Master Data Source for Competitor Products (technical ID COMPETITOR_PRODUCT_B) or Product Master Data (technical ID CODPRODUCT).
KBA: 2539869 - The Competitors Product can not be Selected in an Opportunity
Opportunity Competitor Product Header, CODOPPCOMPPH, Competitor, Competitor Product, Product Master Data, CODPRODUCT , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , LOD-CRM-MKT-CP , Competitor Products , LOD-LE-OPP-ANA , Opportunity Analytics , How To