You want to migrate Locations and Logistics Area using Migration tool but you are receiving the following error message: "Service call failed; report an incident".
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Search for Migration of Location and Logistics Area
- Click Migrate Location and Logistics Area using the migration tool
- Select your migration template
- Click Execute Migration, then click Step by step
- Receive error in 3rd step - Simulate
Service call failed error has many possible causes, one of them may be that Location ID and Parent Location ID fields have been filled with the same information.
The Parent Location ID must always be filled with a Site ID. A Site can be created in the Organizational Management work center on Org Structures view, by activating the Business Residence in the Structure. To create Locations and Logistics Areas, use the Migration option.
migration import workbench fails does not work not able impossible unable , KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , SRD-CC-MIG-CNT , Migration: Content , How To