You are getting a message in Further Usage of Extension Field screen when you try to extend a PDI field from SDK.
No Data Sources Found.
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to SDK.
- Open the Solution and navigate to the relevant XBO where you have added the extension fields.
- Right click and select the option Enhance Report.
- The system will ask you to select the extension field that you want to add.
- Select and click on OK.
- System will take you to the further usage screen of the UI.
- You will receive the warning message or you will not be able to find the reports that you want to enhance.
There are different use cases for this issue:
- When you log into SDK with the PDI development user e.g. PDI_DEV. In parallel you had opened already a browser session where you have logged in with another user e.g. KEY_USER in the same system/client that you have logged to SDK.
- You have not added any extension field to the Extension BO to extend.
- The Business Object where you have added the extension field cannot be extended to a data source and hence the data source was not available.
Resolution for the above mentioned cases are:
- You should ensure that you log-in to SDK and UI with same credentials when you try to enhance report from SDK to the frontend.
- You should maintain atleast one extension field in the XBO to extend to report.
- Check the help document Data Sources Enabled for Extension Fields - it contains a list of all data sources that can be extended, as well as all business contexts where the field has to be created in order to be extendible.
If the respective context which you are working on is not mentioned in this list then Extension fields cannot be added to any data source from this business context.
KBA , AP-RC-BDS-1O , ByDesign Studio OneOffs , How To