You expect the Status of a Tax Return with 0,00 value should have the status Completed, instead it remains in the status Reported.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Tax Management Work Center.
- Select the Tax Returns View.
- Choose the VAT Returns Sub View.
- Show All Tax Returns and select Go.
- Highlight Tax Return ID XX and press View.
- Go to the Overview tab.
- You can see that the Total Tax Amount equals 0,00 and status of Tax Return is Reported but should be Completed.
Please note that only Tax Returns with actual Non Zero Amounts can be moved to Completed status because Completed implies the Tax has been Paid or Received.
The concerned VAT Returns XX are of the Category Tax Return without Tax Items, as these do not have any Taxes to be Paid or Received.
For such Tax Returns the Status Reported is the final state.
This is designed System Behavior. Please note that Tax Returns with Zero Amounts cannot be set to Completed.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To