- It is not clear how to create custom fields for market segments in profitability analysis.
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
From 1902 it is possible to create custom fields for market segments in profitability analysis.
- Open the Custom Fields and Logic app. Under Custom Fields, create a new field by clicking Create.
- Select the Accounting: Market Segment business context. Enter the other field properties and click Create and Edit.
- Under UIs and Reports, enable the UIs and reports in which you want the field to be displayed.
- Save and publish the new field.
- You can populate the fields either manually or using substitution. If you want to use substitution then under Custom Logic, maintain the derivation logic of your new field by creating a new enhancement implementation for the Accounting: Market Segment business context. The available enhancement option is: Business Add-In Market Segment Extension Fields Substitution (FINS_MARKET_SEGMENT_SUB). This Business Add-In allows you to determine extension characteristics using the market segment. You can only use substitution for those fields that are delivered with the substitution enhancement options.
- Save and publish the new enhancement implementation.
In Note 2453614 the extensibility in Financials is explained (+ links to additional information in SAP help portal). Some parts of this note is only relevant for on Premise but e.g. S/4Hana key user extensibility: Coding Block and Journal Entry Item is explained as well - relevant for cloud.
Market Segment - Actuals, Custom Fields, F0960, CO-FIO-OM-IS, S4PC , KBA , CO-PA , Profitability Analysis , CO-PA-IS , Information System , CO-PA-ST , Structures , How To