- Info IDoc in the infopackage monitor with error message 'Error 8 occurred when starting the data extraction program'.If go to source system, you see log in TCode SM21 as follows:
The message likes:
BP_JOB_MODIFY: Cannot modify job
Job BIREQU_* contains invalid data
No background processing active on TargetServr <System ID>+<Client ID> (Such as XXXCLNT001)
- In case of ODP scenario, the ODQR* job is Scheduled status and cannot be started as normal.
Check 'Job Details' -> Target Server is BLANK:
Check SM21 for ALL servers (it's not known which specific server has the corresponding log), you'll see the same message in one of the servers: No background processing active on TargetServr
- SAP ERP
- SAP ERP Central Component
- SAP NetWeaver
- SAP R/3
- SAP R/3 Enterprise
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP, version for SAP HANA
ROIDOCPRMS, BTCSYSTEM, Error 8 when starting the extraction program , KBA , BC-BW , BW Service API , BC-BW-ODP , Operational Data Provisioning (ODP) and Delta Queue (ODQ) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.