This Knowledge Base Article has some frequently asked queries from customers in Time Administration:
SAP Business ByDesign.
1. Why is the user not able to access Time File of an employee under Time Administration.
User does not have access rights of Time Administration work center.
2. Is it mandatory to add Time Account Rule while assigning Ad-hoc Time Account for an employee?
Yes, it is mandatory to add Time Account Rule while assigning Ad-hoc Time Account in Time File of an employee.
There is an error message received if you have not added the Time Account Rule. Error Message: No time account rule is maintained for this time account.
Now you can proceed to add the Time Account in Time Account Balance of the employee successfully.
3. Why are you not able to see the deduction of leaves under newly changed Time Account from Temporary to Permanent?
You are not able to see the deduction of leaves under newly changed Time Account from Temporary to Permanent because Time Type is not linked to the Time Account during the given period:
- Go to Time Types Activity in Business Configurations.
- Select Maintain Employee Time Types.
- Select required Time Type and add a row in Time Account Posting with corresponding validity. Perform Day Closure Run for this employee from the Time Profile Start Date.
4. Why is the Administrator able to record time for an employee under Time Type not assigned to him/her?
The Time Type shall be activated in Time Administration workcenter. The Administrator can use the Time Type assigned to the Country of this Employee.
5. You cannot find the leaves deducted for employee under Time Account Balance tab.
Employee will be able to record the Employee Times, even if there is no Time Account assigned. But you will not be able to see the balances because the Time Account is not assigned to the Employee. You have to assign the Time Account to the Time Profile of the employee.
6. You cannot see assigned Holiday Calendar under Employee Timesheet.
You have not assigned a Work Schedule and Time Model to this employee under Time Profile tab in Time File.
7. Is it possible to hide the Country name while creating the new Time Model from the Time Model wizard?
No, it is not possible to hide the Country name while creating the new Time Model from the Time Model wizard. The availability of the Countries in the drop-down is based on the Countries that are scoped in Project in Business Configuration.
8. Is it possible to restrict Time Recording for same Time Frame via different channels?
No, it is not possible to configure any restrictions for a user to enter his/her Time Recording for same time frame via different channels e.g., Employee Time Recording, Time Punches. This is due to the fact that a user can perform different tasks at the same time for which he can enter his Time Recording for the same time frame.
9. Why is Planned Working Time not calculating for an employee?
The Time model for the selected duration is not added in Work Schedule under Time Profile for the employee.
10. After successfully replicating the delta changes for an Employee with respect to organizational data and the manager alignment, the changes have not reflected in the Time Profile for that Employee.
The time file will not reflect every organizational change for an Employee in the Employee Data work center. The time file only reflects time periods when time data has been changed. The current effective Reporting Line Unit manager will show for the current period however, it will not show the individual changes to the Org Unit unless a time data change was made.
11. You have hired a new employee, but when you try to assign a Time Model for it, no Time Models are displayed.
This employee was hired for a Country which does not have a Time Model created. Create a new Time Model and you will be able to assign it to the employee.
12. Your requirement is to maintain the Temporary Change of Work Schedule for multiple Employees or all the Employees in the system.
Temporary Change of Work Schedules can only be maintained on an individual basis and not for multiple Employees.
13. Is it possible to assign Deviating Holiday Calendar to multiple Employees at a time?
Assignment of Deviating Holiday Calendar is not a mass activity and hence we cannot assign the Deviating Holiday Calendar to multiple employees at a time. It can be assigned individually to employee via Maintain Deviating Holiday Calendar option in the Regular Tasks view in Time Administration workcenter.
14. Is it possible to write the timesheet every 15 minutes instead of 30 minutes?
The system is designed in such a way that half an hour slots are available to enter timesheet ex:6:00, 6:30 to avoid multiple options of drop down. You may use the standard options and manually update the time ex: 6:00 to 6:15. You can directly enter hours, ex: 2:15 hours and select interval 4:00 to 6:00 and manually change 6:00 to 6:15, it is possible in the system.
15. Why new Leave Request does not Deduct the Quota of Time Account for an employee?
You have not maintained the Work Schedule / Time Model in the Time File of the Employee for the leaves to get deducted correctly and for the quantity to be evaluated.
For details refer KBA: 2286499 - New Leave Request does not Deduct the Quota of Time Account
16. How to link a Time Type with a Time Account?
When time is recorded against a time type, the time is typically tracked in one or more time accounts to accurately record cumulative balances. On the Time Account Posting tab, review the existing settings or define new posting details for selected time types:
The Time Account Type field displays the time account type to which the selected time type can post.
1. Go to Business Configuration workcenter.
2. Select Implementation Project view.
3. Select Open Activity List.
4. Search Time Types.
5. Click Add Row to specify an additional time account type.
For example, paid time off should be checked against and deducted from a leave entitlement time account type and should be counted by various statistical time accounts such as Absence (paid), Absence (allover) and Actual Hours.
17. What is Time Statement?
In the Employee Self-Services Overview of the Home work center, employees can display, review, and print a time statement containing details of their recorded times for a selected month, the balances of certain time accounts, and where relevant, daily postings to their working time accounts.
Time Administrators can also view the Time Statement of employees:
1. Go to Time Administration workcenter.
2. Select Employee View.
3. Search required employee.
4. Select employee and choose Time Statement option.
18. Where can you configure Premium-Pay?
Follow below steps to configure Premium-pay:
1. In the Business Configuration work center
2. Choose the Implementation Projects view.
3. Select your implementation project and click Open Activity List.
4. Select the Fine Tune phase
5. Select the Premium Pay — <Country> activity from the activity list.
To review the predelivered premium pay types or create new premium pay types, click Maintain Premium Pay Type.
If you require a new premium pay type, click Add Row and under Code enter a code for the new premium pay that begins with Z.
Enter a descriptive name for the premium pay, indicating a special working situation that is compensated either at payment rates that deviate from employee’s standard pay or payment that is additional to this.
19. How to assign Overtime to the employee:
You can follow the steps below:
1. Go to Time Administration workcenter
2. Select Employees view
3. Search required Employee
4. Select Edit and open Time Profile tab. Assign Time Recording Profile to the employee
5. Now enter Employee Times with Premium Pay :
Select Overtime Time Type and required Premium Pay which will then be allocated to the employee.
Overtime Time Type can be taken from the Standard Time Types available in the system. This is to indicate, these are extra working hours of the employee.
20. How to perform day Closure Run?
You can follow the steps below:
- Go to the Time Administration work center.
- Open the Regular Tasks view.
- Click on the Run Day Closure for One Employee option.
- Select the employee in the value help.
- Choose the action "Start Time Valuation".
- Click on the Run button.
- Provide the Time Profile Start date of the employee selected and click on the Ok button.
- For mass employee updates, you can use : Administer Day Closure Runs
21. What is the Reports view introduced in Payroll Processing?
In the Payroll Processing Work Center, a new Reports work center view has been introduced – in future, this view would contain all the reports that would be relevant for an administrator to consolidate from a payroll perspective, and send to the payroll provider system. it is a a simpler and standard way for administrators to review and transfer data to their payroll provider systems.
You can check below blog for detailed information:
21. What is the function of Regular flag in Premium Pay rule?
Premium pay marked as ‘Regular’ should be intended only for the purpose of Manual assignment of Premium Pay while recording times.
This indicator should not be selected, if Premium Pay is being configured for Automatic Premium Pay Generation.
21. Is it possible to replicate Time Models through Integration?
No. In Business ByDesign,We can replicate only Employees. Time Models needs to be created through Time Administration work center.
22. How to release times of an employee?
- Go to the Time Administration work center.
- Open the Employee view.
- Find the employee and click Edit.
- Go to the Employee Times tab page.
- Find and select the time of the request.
- Click Actions and select Activate.
23. Why does a time account overview show the time account only for the current year, when launched from the new leave request screen?
This works as designed and it shows the time account valid today and is not influenced by the date period for which the leave is recorded.
24. Why does the Project Time uploaded via the Excel, appears locked to the processor? You are unable to edit the row of time.
The time recording is not editable because the Time Type is deactivated for use within Time Administration and Employee Self Service time sheet views via Business configuration for time types.
An option to remove the time, if the project is not completed, is to reactivate the Time Type for Time Administration via Business Configuration, remove the times and then deactivates again.
25. Why is Time Type code missing while creating a New Time Model for any country?
Time Type code mapping is missing from Business Configuration settings.
You can follow the steps below:
- Go to Business Configuration workcentre
- Select Overview
- Search for Time Types
- Select Time Types - Specific Country
- Select Maintain Employee Types
- Select the Code you want to see in Time Model
- Add value in field Relevance for Work Schedule as Productive
This Time Type will then show up in the Time Model.
26. Why does the new Time Profile has a different Work Schedule than the copied Time Profile?
If an Employee has Individual Work Schedule, and you have copied this Time Profile and created a new one. Instead of copying the exact Work Schedule from the previous Time Profile, it creates a new Work Schedule with different starting Weekday..
The is standard system behavior. To change the copied Work Schedule information, you can add the Time Model to the required Working Day that is missing and remove the Time Model from the ones that are days off and save your changes.
27. An employee has applied leave in Vacation Time Type. Why Leave Available (as of today) showing as 0 days?
The Bookable Period of the previous year Quota Time Account Vacation-YYYY1 is set to "Start of the year To Unlimited" and hence leaves of present years are acceptable in previous year's Time Acccount instance and if there is balance left in this Time Account Vacation-YYYY1.
Quota Time Account Vacation-YYYY2 will not be in use untill balance in Time Account Vacation-YYYY1 is exhausted.
28. Why the Time Model view is missing in Time Administration work center?
In the project scope in Business Configuration, you have not scoped the questions relevant to the Work Schedules under the scoping element Time and Labor Management. Once you scope the relevant questions for the Work Schedules in Business Configuration, the Time Model view will be available in the system. The access rights of this view has to be assigned to the respective Business User in the Application and User management work center.
29. Is there a Web Service to work with Leave Requests?
Yes. In order to create leave requests, you can use the web service named as ManageEmployeeTimeIn, it can be used for Time recording and Leave Request.
30. Is it possible to add Time Accounts Quarterly in Business Configuration?
No it is not possible to maintain Time Accounts Quarterly in Business Configuration, this is an enhancement request.
31. Employee is missing from timesheet view under Time Administration workcenter.
Use Advanced filter to select Country of the Employee and then search to find the Active Employee under Timesheet view.
32. You have Planned Work hours for a Team member in a Project Task but when checking the Availability in Resource Calendar, these hours are not showing up.
This is because less than 15 mins or less than 0.25 hours of planning per day is not supported.
33. You can see Blocked Employees in Day Closure Run.
Blocked employees shows-up in the Day Closure Run, only Obsolete employees does not show-up in the run.
34. E-mail address is not available in the while extracting Employee via Data Extraction tool.
You extracted the employee data via Run ID EMPLOYEES, and downloaded the xml file and the e-mail address is not maintained in the template, neither in the Private Contact Data and it's also not available in the sheet Workplace Address.
These fields will not be available in the Employee Data extraction due to the way the extraction and the Business Object is set up.
Hence, use the Complete Data extraction.
35. You are unable to see sum of all Time Accounts in Report Time Account Balances.
The Time Account Balances report and Data Source is created to show the balances of the different Time Accounts. It is not designed to sum up different Time Accounts together as they can have different values (hours/days).
With Time Account Type field coulmn you can see different balances under different Time Accounts, when you remove this coulmn, the report will not aggregate the data. This is standard behavior.
36. You cannot see Leave Request in UI though it is present in backend database.
The absence on DD1.MM.YYYY is created by the employee DD2.MM.YYYY and did not get approved. The employee, then cancelled the leave on DD3.MM.YYYY and was activated immediately as the original leave was never approved.
If the customer executed the report Recorded Employee Times and added the Life cycle status to the rows on the report, they can see that the time was cancelled.
FAQ, Time Administration, Frequently Asked Questions, Holiday Calendar, Time Account Balances, Day Closure Run. , KBA , faq , time administration , frequently asked questions , holiday calendar , time account balances , day closure run , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To