Sharing Reports with users/groups/roles in Report Center.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Report Center
- Take Action
- Share via User, Role, or Group.
Users can share reports with RBP Roles, Group and Dynamic Groups from the Report Center.
While the action to share must be performed from Report Center, users without Report Center will see the reports shared via individual users appear in the original Ad Hoc/ORD list also as sharing is backwards compatible.
However, the RBP sharing in Report Center is no longer backwards compatible post b1805 release -> KBA 2655417
Sharing Reports with Users
“Share” action will be active if you have access to edit the report. Find and select individual users to share your report with.
- The user search box in the report sharing window is like a copy of the People / action search - text field on the top right of the screen that says ‘Search for actions or people’. (utilizes the Action Search API).
- Hence the results users can see here are controlled through RBP.
- If one or more users are unable to search for certain users in the share window, it is most likely because of target population restirctions on action search, applied to the affected user(s).
- This can be confirmed by attempting to use the same search terms in people search.
- If the results are restircted there as well, please see the following document: 2854567 - People Search is misbehaving or returning inconsistent results - SuccessFactors Platform
Sharing Reports with Groups
"Share” action will be active if you have access to edit the report. Find and select RBP Groups or Dynamic Groups to share your report with.
Note for Dynamic Groups:
The group should NOT be hidden in the groups page (Options > groups).
For example, with the below setup, the 'Mentors' group will be visible while attempting to share, but the mentee group will not be.
You need Report Admin permission to share your report with groups. This is found in Manage Dashboards/Reports:
Sharing Reports with Roles
“Share” action will be active if you have access to edit the report. Find and select RBP Roles to share your report with. NOTE You will also need the Report Admin permission for sharing with Roles too.
Note: If the Report Center is not enabled you won't be able to share reports with RBP Roles but only with individual Users, predefined system roles (e.g. All Employees, Managers Only, Non Managers Only, HR Manager Only) or dynamic groups specifically created from the Ad Hoc report share function.
Report, Center, Share, User, Group , Dynamic, RBP, Role, Permission, username, hide, show, Run, missing, limited, restricted, action, search , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-RCT , Report Centre , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , How To