In a recently upgraded environment, with BI Platform web apps deployed on multiple Tomcat web app servers fronted by F5 loadbalancer, Web Intelligence (WebI) DHTML query panel does not work and
shows as blank on a IE 11 Browser when BI Launchpad is accessed via F5 loadbalancer URL.
- The issue is seen with both HTTP /HTTPS urls
- Workflow: WebI dhtml query panel does not work on IE 11 Browser only, that too when BI Launchpad is accessed via F5 loadbalancer URL only
- After selecting a universe in HTML Mode, it appears to spin when using Internet Explorer
- User also tried clearing my IE cache but that didn’t help either
- The same workflow works in Chrome & Firefox browsers
- Also bypassing the F5 loadbalancer, and directly accessing tomcat server URL works fine
- Fiddler HTTP traces and loadbalancer traces don't show any other errors
- The only error seen is “member not found” on the dom.js object in IE11 browser debug window (F12)
- Error Description from the IE 11 F12 debug window
Script3: Member not found
File: dom.js, Line: 5253, Column: 1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2 SP4 and above
- Internet Explorer 11 Browser
- F5 Loadbalancer
- Tomcat 8
- All supported Operating Systems
SBOP BI 4.2 SP04 IE11 IE8 compatibility mode F5 loadbalancer url http https member not found error spin hang blank dhtml query panel , KBA , BI-RA-WBI-FE-HTM , HTML Front End , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.