Cannot translate Validation Message within Opportunity as the Add translation button is greyed out.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work centre.
- Open the Opportunities view.
- Select Opportunity ABC (ABC represents the Opportunity ID).
- Select Adapt------>Edit Master Layout.
- Hover over field DEF (DEF represents the field ID).
- Select the Add Validation icon.
- Select the corresponding Validation.
- Navigate to the Messages tab.
- Add Validation button is greyed out.
This is the expected behaviour of the system. Development currently have this Add Validation button disabled since we can use the Language Adaptation tool to translate UI texts.
- Go to the Administrator work centre.
- Open the General Settings view.
- Select Language Adaptations.
- Select Language Adaptation XYZ (XYZ represents the Language Adaption ID)
- In the Text Pool Selection tab, select the Collect Texts button. (This may take a few minutes to load)
- Navigate to the UI Texts tab.
- Search for the relevant Message you want to translate.
- Select the Edit button.
- The translation can be maintained in the Target text column.
- Select the Save button.
KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To