We would like to understand how this Automatic Process will work.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
The LMS admin must have the "Edit Delete Inactive Native User" workflow added to his role.
The users should be inactive in the system continuously at least for a duration of 90 Days.
To schedule the APM:
1. In the admin interface, navigate to Automatic Processes->Native User Deletion.
2. Enter the relevant details and click Apply Changes
This Automatic Process:
Deletes inactive users
Deletes based on the date the record was inactived against the retention period maintained in the "Timeframes"
Related Instructors can also be deleted
Option to include -related Admins and standalone Instructors
Sends a Confirmation e-mail confirming number of successful and failed deletions for each user type.
The value in the field for "Delete records that have been inactive for the specified number of days:" needs to be between 90 and 4000.
- Do NOT enable this process if you have user records that populate from SAP SuccessFactors platform. These users are already managed from within the platform and this process can potentially delete these users.
User deletion is permanent, and the records cannot be restored.
- Administrators that do not have an associated user account are not deleted by this process.
- 'Native Deeplink User' should be 'Yes' (People > Users > open the user records and see the User details section)
- The threshold is based on the most recent inactivation date.
- Related Instructor records are always deleted.
- The automatic deletion process does not check to see if instructors are scheduled to teach in the future.
Please note the different retention policies for Internal and External Users:
- Internal Users: Retention policy is based on Termination Date (TERM_DTE).
- External Users: Retention policy is based on Inactivation Date which is calculated using audit records looking for the most recent date the status of the user record went from Active to Inactive.
(Note - External Users are defined by their shopping account type. On the user record > Finance -> Shopping Account Type:)
Please see the References section for related articles.
How to find out when users were active on the system?
This Influence idea is requesting for the automation of site user inactivation and deletion, you may want to follow it.
- Though it is not yet implemented, our product managers have just released an interim solution and shared in this Community blog: SuccessFactors Learning User Login Reports with a custom report that can give user login data to help you determine whether a user has accessed the system recently or not.
- Based of this data, you can use the import tool to change the status of the user from active to inactive so that it will get picked up by the APM once the retention period is reached.
SAP, SuccessFactors, learning, LMS, Q3 2017, 1708, 1802, Delete Inactive Native User, Automatic Process, LRN-17386, LRN-17497, purge, DRM, GDPR, admin, instructor, b1708, LRN-17386, LRN-17497, b1802 , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-APM , Automatic Processes , LOD-SF-LMS-EXT , Sites and External Users , LOD-SF-LMS-USR , User Entity , How To