- Different display of text although same font in Web Intelligence document
- Different OS will display different font look in Web Intelligence
- Different look of text from document to document, platform to platform, computer to computer, browser to browser
- If export the document to Excel, the font look of output result in Excel is the same as in WebI document
- SAP Business Intelligence platform 4.1 (BI4.1)
- SAP Business Intelligence platform 4.2 (BI4.2)
- Web Intelligence (WebI)
- Microsoft Office 2010 / Excel 2010
- Microsoft Office 2013 / Excel 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a WebI document in Rich Client Tool or BI Launch Pad.
- Add a free text into the WebI report.
- Save the WebI document.
- Open it from different OS.
- In some OS, the text may look thinner, some may look like "Bold".
If export the document to Excel, the font look of output result in Excel is the same as in WebI document. This is not related to WebI or BI setting, it is related to below setting in OS:
Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Display -> Adjust ClearType text
- Screen Resolution
Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Display -> Screen Resolution
- DPI Scaling Level of Display
Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Personalization -> Display -> Change size of text, apps, and other items
This setting can change the size of text, apps, and their items. The change of text and items can be activated immediately but some apps won't respond to scaling changes until you sign out.
Different browser may also result in different look of font.
version up, upgrade, migrate BI platform, thicker, truetype font, , KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , How To