- Is it your first request for Data Services Extract?
- This article contains the Data Services scope and policies.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- Data Services Extract
- For first Data Services request, please see SAP SuccessFactors Learning Data Services
- In order to implement your Data Services Extracts, it is mandatory to engage with SAP Professional Services team.
- Please contact your CSM/CEE or Sales representatives to that effect. Kindly refer to 2149831 - SAP Professional Services / SAP Certified Partner / SAP Account Management Team [SuccessFactors Cloud]
- Please note that SF Support will not be able to set up new data services extract.
Below are the scope of support for issues related to existing Data Services Extract (DSE):
- Initiate Data Extract for Stage environment as needed.
- Analyze production Data extract issues reported for a specific file and engage LMS Engineering/development with defect found.
- Errors in file or Data Extract is not successful for Production or delivered in normal schedule with Operations.
- Initiate Data Extract for Production only when an issue as per the above two points is found.
- Note: If there is no issue with the file (inaccuracies/delivery) but a consumption within your business process, contact Professional Services to request an off-cycle Production DSE.
- Stage implementation issues as validated by Professional Services.
- Errors on the JOB on stage
- Data issue on stage
- Change of setup of Data services (ie, using a different LMS instance/URL)
- Request for off-cycle Full Production DSE
To check what tables are included in each data service package:
- Follow the steps to download the latest available version of the dictionary in KB article 2326249 - Where to find SAP SuccessFactors Learning data dictionary
- Download the zip file.
- In the zip file open the 'Data Services' Folder
- Open the DSPackagedEntities_bXXXX.xlsx Excel file
- Click on the sheet of each package to see what tables are included.
From the product perspective, here are the policies that have always been in place for DS since at least 2016:
- Once onboarded to Production and Professional Services disengages from the project, the Preview extracts are generally disabled as PS rolls off the project 2.
- Customers must engage Professional Services (not IBSO) for the implementation and support of DS on the customer’s preview environment.
- SAP SF supports the daily Production Environment extraction of all configured files from the point of DB extraction, file generation, file posting to SFTP for customer consumption
- This KBA is very specific and on point regarding what is and what’s not supported
- That has been in place since the beginning
- During the upgrade period, we provide full feed files automatically from Preview tenants so customers can review any table or process changes before it rolls into production.
- If a customer wants or needs to continue managing DS extracts in Preview, then they must do so with the support of Professional Services unless it’s regarding the 2 Annual Full file from Preview.
- If the customer needs an occasional Full Feed from Production, SAP SF has traditionally been very accommodating in putting the request with a valid business case. This requires internal approvals.
SF, Success Factors, LMS, learning, DSE, data dump, database, file, key, delta, full feed, dictionary, tables, pa_, pv_, data services scope, policies , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-DSE , Data Service Extracts , LOD-SF-LMS-SER , Config. Consulting & Service Requests , How To