An admin having access to terminate action is unable to see Terminate button under his/her profile's take action dropdown.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Employee Central - Employee Self Service
Reproducing the Issue
- Login as a super admin who has access to Terminate action permission on everyone (including self).
- Here we can see that sfadmin has Terminate access on self (sfadmin):
- Go to my Employee File > Take Action > Terminate action is not present:
- It is expected behavior that an admin cannot terminate self (even though he/she has not checked exclude self option in permission role).
- This is because as soon as the admin terminates themselves (if he/she were to), the admin is no more active and the post action page cannot redirect anywhere with logged in details.
- To avoid this scenario, this functionality is not delivered and logically the scenario does not justify itself as well.
terminate self admin terminate superadmin terminate admin take action , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EMP , Employment Information (Employment & Termination Details) , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-RBP , Roles & Permissions (EC Core only) , Problem