Promotion jobs are running very slow when promoting reports which have existing instances in source system. The issue is with performance as eventually the job succeeds.
- Promotion Management takes forever / very long time to create LCMBiar file at Source when the said report has multiple (say, 1000+) instances, although user did not select the instances under Manage Dependencies section.
- This behavior is seen even when user selects only 1 report having multiple (say, 1000+) instances.
- The same LCMbiar file takes forever / very long time to load the contents of the job at Destination. Once the contents are loaded, it takes hardly one minute to promote the said report to destination. In this case, the promotion job promotes only the report and not any of its instances from Source.
- The same behavior is seen with both LCM Web UI (LCM GUI) / Promotion Management application in CMC and LCM Command line (LCM CLI) interface.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
- Promotion Management / LCM Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Crystal Report
- Web Intelligence Report
show completed multiple existing instances LCM GUI CLI command line interface promotion management mgmt pmt lifecycle promote migrate hangs hanging stalls hang stall SAPBO BIP BOBJ BOE BI 4.0 4.1 4.2 timeout create import export LCMBiar live to live slow takes forever very long time Job settings Manage Dependencies source destination , KBA , BI-BIP-LCM , Lifecycle Management Console - Promotion mgmt, Version mgmt , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.