- Each time in the SAP Gateway system, the integrators/implementers/users are facing browser cache issue for any new code changes to the custom UI5 applications
- Implementers/integrators/users are constantly running known cache programs whenever a new SAP UI5 modification is done with oData and ECC launchpad (lpd_cust)
- The new changes are moved correctly but still some business users have to clear the Internet Explorer (IE) browser cache and temporary internet files manually to reflect the changes
- The code may even include cache buster in the UI5 projects:
Java script and HTML command: <script src="resources/sap-ui-cachebuster/sap-ui-core.js" id="sap-ui-bootstrap" data-sap-ui-libs="sap.m,sap.suite.ui.commons,sap.ui.commons" data-sap-ui-theme="sap_bluecrystal" data-sap-ui-appCachebuster="./""></script>
- Known working steps to push a change into production (Test case here shown was measured in the Internet Explorer browser - similar steps may work in other browsers):
- List of Cache programs that are run after UI5 code movement
- With the steps above and to push the custom launchpad with multiple custom tiles in the Fiori Launchpad, the steps below show success in pushing the changes to production for Internet Explorer:
- Instructions for clearing IE Cache and temporary internet files (This will be successful to see the changes in Internet Explorer):
- Look at the Cache (Browsing History).
- Close all browsers but one.
- Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Click on Delete Browsing History on Exit -> Click on Delete Button -> Select Temporary Internet Files;
- Cookies and Website Data; History; Download History; Form Data -> Click Delete.
- Wait for a small pop-up that says Internet Explorer has finished deleting the selected browsing history, then click Apply or OK and close that pop-up message.
- Start Clearing Temporary Internet Files
- Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Select Settings from Browsing History -> Select View Files from Website Data Settings Box -> Control A (highlights all the temp files).
- Hit Delete key on your computer keyboard – you may have to do Control A/delete a couple of times if you have a lot of temp files
- Select “Yes” on “are you sure you want to delete selected cookies?”
- Close all browsers.
SAP NetWeaver 7.40
KBA , CA-FE-FLP-EU , Please use CA-FLP-FE-UI , CA-UI2-INT-FE , Please use CA-FLP-FE-COR , CA-UI2-INT-BE , Please use CA-FLP-ABA , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.