- The 'Export to excel' function of an ALV grid creates a corrupt .xlsx file that cannot be opened in Microsoft Excel.
- The error message is the following: "We found a problem with some content in 'export.XLSX'. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes."
- After clicking "Yes" there is another popup that describes an illegal .xml character:
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- Web Dynpro for ABAP
- SAP NetWeaver
- SAP Web Application Server for SAP S/4HANA all versions
- ABAP PLATFORM - Application Server ABAP
Web Dynpro, Webdynpro, WDA, WDA_GDPR, excel, export to excel, alv, corrupt, xml, illegal character, wrong character, misplaced character, popup, excel warning, try to open, not possible, XML, not opening, warning, popup, recover, workbook, trust , KBA , BC-WD-CMP-ALV-ABA , ALV for ABAP , BC-WD-ABA , Web Dynpro ABAP , BC-WD-ABA-REN , Rendering , BC-WD-ABA-RUN , Web Dynpro ABAP Runtime , BC-WD-ABA-CFG , Configuration / Personalization , BC-WD-ABA-GEN , Generation , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.