- The 'Export to excel' function of an ALV grid creates a corrupt .xlsx file that cannot be opened in Microsoft Excel.
- The error message is the following: "We found a problem with some content in 'export.XLSX'. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes."
- After clicking "Yes" there is another popup that describes an illegal .xml character:
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- Web Dynpro for ABAP
- SAP NetWeaver
- SAP Web Application Server for SAP S/4HANA all versions
- ABAP PLATFORM - Application Server ABAP
Web Dynpro, Webdynpro, WDA, WDA_GDPR, excel, export to excel, alv, corrupt, xml, illegal character, wrong character, misplaced character, popup, excel warning, try to open, not possible, XML, not opening, warning, popup, recover, workbook, trust , KBA , BC-WD-CMP-ALV-ABA , ALV for ABAP , BC-WD-ABA , Web Dynpro ABAP , BC-WD-ABA-REN , Rendering , BC-WD-ABA-RUN , Web Dynpro ABAP Runtime , BC-WD-ABA-CFG , Configuration / Personalization , BC-WD-ABA-GEN , Generation , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.