- Bracket symbols ‘[‘ and ‘]’ (ASCII values in hex are '5B' and '5D') are entered locally on a PC. The values are stored in a DB2 system on a mainframe. The data is transferred to DB2 using MFC (MainframeConnect).
- The customer expects to see the bracket characters in DB2 on the Mainframe (The EBCIDIC hex code values are 'BA' and 'BB'). The expected values are not being displayed.
- For some reason these symbols are not being translated correctly from ASCII to EBCIDIC.
- DirectConnect 15.0.1
- Linux server
- MFC Connect DB2/UDB CICS Option to access IBM DB2 version 15 SP06
- MFC Connect Server CICS Option version 15 SP06
Sybase MainframeConnect 15.0
CSSID iso-1 CP819 CP037 CHARSETSRV , KBA , BC-SYB-MFC , Mainframe Connect (MFC) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.