How to disable "Direct Messages to All Followers" feature (@@notify)
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Jam Collaboration
Reproducing the Issue
- Access to any SAP Jam group
- In the feed type @@
The Direct Message to an Entire Group or All your Followers (@@notify) will appear every time it is type @@ in the feed or mention field in SAP Jam
This feature can be disable directly in the SAP Jam group. It is not possible to disable this feature from SAP Jam for all the groups at once. Please follow the below procedure:
- Go to Edit Group option (left-hand menu)
- Once done, click on the Participation tab:
- Finally, scroll down until Enable @@notify text disable it and save the changes.
- It is mandatory to have admin rights to disable this feature
Note: When the @@notify is disabled will apply to all group members, but it is still enabled for group administrator use only.
2246907 - SAP Jam: Email Notifications Not Being Received by Users
@@notification, Direct Messages to All Followers, Notification, e-mail , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , Problem