What is it?
Support for attaching files when users records learning that requires approval and/or requires e-signatures.
Why is it important?
Users may need to post documents that show their completion (such as a completion certificate) and the approver needs to view the attachment as proof of learning completion.
Previously, we supported attachments in the Record Learning Wizard when you were using the updated supervisor approval flow but we did not support it if the record learning process included an approval process. In this release, users or supervisors can upload attachments even when the process includes approval. Users can post documents that show their completion (such as a completion certificate) and the approver can view the attachment as proof of learning completion. This works for standard approval processes and e-signatures.
What is the storage capacity?
Learning Administration -> System Administration -> System management Tools -> Attachments Utilization -> Maximum limit can be 2 GB.
You could check the maximum allowed size for attachments and maximum limit per file that can be attached under,
Learning Administration -> System Administration -> Configuration -> System Configuration -> Attachment -> 'totalAttachmentsSpaceAllocatedKB' & 'maximumSizePerAttachmentKB'.
What are the costs in case more storage capacity is required?
You can contact your account representative or sales team on this . CS don't have this info.
Who will be able to see the attachments besides Associate and Manager?
User (Approver/supervisor/manager) can view attached files while Approving learning events recorded by users. Only user and approver can see the attachments.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Learning Management System
- Learning Administration -> System Administration -> Configuration -> System Configuration -> LMS_ADMIN -> “updatedSupervisorFlow=true”
- User-recorded Learning Event Approval Process Settings, should be enabled. In previous release, if the User-recorded Learning Event Approval Process Settings is enabled; user was not able to attach documents.
Check the KBA 2423138 which describes how to enable "User-recorded Learning Event Approval Process Settings". Enabled in b1702 release.
- From the user end, initiate a record learning screen.
- You can choose to record learn either internal or external item.
- In the earlier versions, if there was an approval process associated, user was not able to upload attachments.
- With b1708 release, users would be able to upload attachment after the approval screen.
i. User gets the approval screen
ii. User can now choose to upload attachments.
2555116 - Error: This file upload will exceed the total space limit. While trying to attach a file to record Learning Event.
Record Learning, Approval Process, LRN-18152, Enhancement, attachments, utilization, total, size , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , How To