- You can't start liveCache from LC10 transaction. All menus are greyed out and the liveCache status doesn't appear in the LC10;
- Testing the connection in DB59 transaction doesn't work;
- When checking the developer trace for more information about the error, you see connection attempt to the database with the following error:
C *** ERROR => Connect to database failed, rc = -10709 (Connection failed (RTE: cannot connect to server socket))
B ***LOG BY2=> sql error -10709 performing CON [dbds 989]
B ***LOG BY0=> Connection failed (RTE: cannot connect to server socket) [dbds 989]
- SAP SCM 7.0 and higher;
- SAP MaxDB/liveCache 7.7 and higher;
- Any supported operating system.
socket, connection, xserver, x_server, lc10, db59, live cache, DBSQL_CONNECTION_NO_METADATA, apo, grayed, gray, grey , KBA , BC-DB-LVC , liveCache , BC-DB-LCA , liveCache Applications , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.