You have created Purchase Proposal manually and also via Planning Run for a required product. However, where you check the Purchase Proposal there is no Supplier maintained and no Source of Supply is determined by the system although valid Purchase Contracts are available.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supply Planning WorkCenter.
- Go to Products View.
- Find and select the required Product ID and Planning Area.
- Click the Open button.
- Under Supply and Demand List section, choose New Planning Proposal and enter the required quantity.
- System creates Purchase Proposal ID.
- Here you find under column: Source, there is no Source of Supply determined.
- Even when you run MRP, it is also blank.
Cause 1: Since the Minimum Order Quantity maintained in a required Purchase Contract is X and you have maintained quantity less than X in the Purchase Proposal. Hence, system is unable to determine the valid source of supply.
You have to maintain quantity equals to or more than the Minimum Order Quantity maintained in a contract to determine valid Source of Supply against Purchase Proposal.
Cause 2: Since you have maintained lead time in the Contract, you should not give a date of purchase proposal before this Lead time.
Lead period = Validity start date of the Contract + Lead Time maintained in the Contract.
Example: 10.12.2017 = 1.12.2017 + 10 days, so you should choose a date after 10.12.2017 for the Planning Proposal.
- Go to the Sourcing and Contracting workcenter.
- Go to Contracts View.
- Choose All Contracts using the dropdown and select the relevant Contract ID.
- Choose and edit it.
- Navigate to Items tab.
- Choose line item with the required Product.
- Go to Basic Data subtab and check
- Again go to Supply Planning and choose products.
- Now create Purchase Planning Proposal with quantity more than or equals to
- Also ensure that date given while creating Purchase proposal must be after the lead time.
- Perform Save.
Supplier ID, missing, Source of Supply , KBA , supplier id , source of supply , missing , purchase proposal , SRD-CC , Cross Components , AP-SDM-PCO , Procurement Planning Order , How To