Table scan does not return rows in insert order
1) Here is an example to illustrate the inconsistency,
A stored procedure is designed to do the following things in this order,
-- either create a non-temporary table in tempdb if it doesn't exist or truncate the existing table
-- insert a header record into the table
-- run a cursor to populate data into the table
-- insert a footer record into the table
The data order in the table is messed up ie the footer and header records instead of being the first and last record in the table and are actually randomly placed in a different row number or not at all.
2) The problem is intermittent.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- Table uses a DOL lock scheme (datarows or datapages).
datarows, allpages, insert, order , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.