When you try to add a time recording profile to an employee, the time recording profiles you created are not displayed in the drop down list, even if they are already active in the system.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Time Administration > Employees work center view.
- Search for the relevant employee.
- Select it and click Edit.
- In the employee's time file, navigate to the Time Profile tab.
- Click on the drop-down list of the Time Recording Profile field.
- The time recording profile you were expecting is not shown in the list.
The cause for the issue is that the start date of the employee is prior to the Valid From date of the time recording profile. Although there are some active time recording profiles in the system, they are not shown in the drop down list if their validity doesn't begin before the employee's start date.
This is the expected system behavior.
To edit the validity of the time recording profile, you can use the following steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Search for the Time Types fine-tuning activity of the relevant employee's country of employment (e.g. Time Types - Italy).
- Open the activity list and then click the link Maintain Time Recording Profile.
- Select the time recording profile you want to use and edit the Valid From" field to a date prior to the employee's start date.
- Click Save (or Save and Close).
time recording profile, missing, time profile, Time Types , KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To