When you are creating a new Account you receive the warning message "Please enter a postal code" for some countries like India even though the field Postal Code is not defined mandatory by you for this country.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Customers work center.
- Go to Accounts view.
- Click on New.
- Fill all the mandatory details.
- In the Country field select India.
Even though the Postal Code field is not marked as mandatory you get a warning message "Please enter a postal code".
As per the new requirement legally, countries like India require the Postal Code as mandatory information in address, so system is changed accordingly due to the legal requirement.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your respective implementation project.
- Click on the Open Activity List button.
- Navigate to the Fine-Tune tab.
- In the Show select All Activities.
- Select the fine tuning activity Countries.
- Click on the Add to Project button if it is not included.
- Open the fine tuning activity Countries.
- Click on the Edit Countries hyperlink.
- Click on the filter symbol and enter desired country and press enter.
- Select the Postal Attributes tab.
- You can deactivate the Street Address Postal Code Required indicator.
The Postal Code is then not mandatory when creating an address for an Account located in e.g. India.
KBA , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , How To
SAP Business ByDesign all versions ; SAP Cloud for Customer core applications 1708 (old) ; SAP Cloud for Customer core applications 1711 (old) ; SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer add-ins 1708 ; SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer add-ins 1711