On trying to delete the Employee Time instance using import with the operator ‘Delete’, the import fails and no job response in monitor job
Successfactors - Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
1. Import File
2. Import Settings
3. On import, the job fails, with no job response
4. Import only 1 record, and the job fails with the below job response
- Screenshot of one of the employee time that is being deleted via import.
- Screenshot of the Time Account where there is reference to the above Employee Time.
-In the above screenshot, you can see that the field ‘Closed’ is set to ‘Yes’.
- In the backend code there is a check to make sure that you do not make any changes on the ‘timeAccountDetails’ if the Time Account is closed which is why the import to delete this Employee Time is failing.
Standard behavior: Whenever you close a time account (usually during PEP but also possible via MDF UI) , the system collects all employee times on that time account (time account detail – booking type = EMPLOYEE_TIME) and save these employee times with editable = false. Reason is that you are not allowed to change and time account details if a time account is closed. With editable = false we make sure that the employee cannot cancel that absence anymore as this would require to remove the details.
What happens if you delete an employee time (no matter whether via MDF UI or via Import):
For an employee time with editable = false you get an error message that you cannot delete that employee time. So here there is an unexpected combination of a closed account with and employee time that is still editable.Maybe the customer/partner would have followed the below steps:
- Close time account -> employee time editable indicator was set to false
- Import of employee times to reset editable indicator -> true
- Import of employee times to delete them which got failed
1. Manually/via import change the value of the field 'Closed' to ‘No’ for the Time Account.
2. Import and delete the Employee Time.
3. Set the Closed field back to ‘Yes’
NOTE: Make sure that no leaves are applied or approved on this Time account before you set the Closed field back to ‘Yes’.
Time Off TIMEANDLABOR_SYSTEM_ERROR_WITH_ID Import Employee Time Delete Operator Job Response Monitor Job Time Acccount Details Time off request , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , Problem